As a wedding photographer, we at Moments in Time Images have had experience with other wedding vendors as well. We don’t necessarily work directly with all of them, but we have seen enough to recognize vendors we would feel comfortable recommending to clients.
Of course there are a lot more categories of wedding vendors than we have here, but we have chosen just a few to highlight. Here’s some of our suggestions.
A few of our favorite vendors
1. Going to the jewelry store to pick out a ring usually is the first step in the engagement and wedding process. Usually it’s the men who go to a jewelry store to look for that perfect ring. We have found that Sartor Hamann Jewelers, which has stores in Lincoln and Grand Island, is a wonderful full-service store that will provide all the help needed to find that perfect ring. The staff members at the store provide excellent customer service. And we learned something new during a recent visit: you have options when you go to buy a diamond. There now is lab-grown diamonds that are diamonds just like those found in a mine. You can buy them at Sartor Hamann Jewelers for up to 30 percent less, and they are very popular.
2. Choosing a disc jockey should be done early in the process because they can book up fast. Our favorite disc jockey is Randy Drewel of A Lasting Impression. Randy has been in the disc jockey business for more than 20 years – first with a company and then on his own with A Lasting Impression. Randy is passionate about putting on a good show during a wedding reception, and I for one have been more than impressed seeing how well and how early he gets people out onto the dance floor.
3. Cupcakes & More is our choice for best cake vendor. Of course her cakes and cupcakes are fabulous. What’s even better is that you get free samples during your free consultation with owner Regina. Many other cake vendors will charge you for cake samples, but not here. Regina has more than 300 flavors of cakes she can make and her prices are very reasonable. She will provide cupcakes, traditional cake and even cake balls and cake pops, which look adorable in any cake decoration. Leave it to Regina to make your cake perfect for your wedding day.
4. Flowers are very important to the look and feel of a wedding reception, so you should leave this part of it to a professional. Petal Creations owner Stacy Griffin is that professional. She will do way more than just put together some flower arrangements. She is a true wedding designer and will make sure your flowers not only look great at the wedding and reception but in your photographs. Don’t shop for your floral designs on Pinterest and try to make them yourself on the cheap. The flowers and other decorations will be remembered by your guests, so you want them to look professional.
5. If you are not a member of a church or other religious organization, you may be at a loss to know who to perform your wedding ceremony. We have chosen Tom and Susie Joyce of Beyond Illusion Wedding Officiants as our favorite wedding officiants. The Joyces will give you the wedding you want and will not try to do it their way. They listen to you, get your input and make your wedding ceremony flow like you want it to flow.